: 6m 18s
: Henrietta Lacks made an amazing contribution to medical research which has only recently been recognised. Rob and Georgina discuss her remarkable story.
This week's question:
Do you know what other medical breakthrough happened in 1921? W .
The woman whose cells never die - 6 Minute English
- We hope you enjoyed that! Check out this other episode about 'the pasty': https://youtu.be/RNZwLILj0Uw
- Thank you, BBC>
- BBC Learning English is awesome
- Love this channel!
- Thanks I love you
- We can watch the movie "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" starred by Oprah Winfrey. God bless. 💕
- Dear international friends,
In our country Myanmar, the military has detained our elected democratic government, party leaders and political activists.
This is a breach of democracy in the nation. National television channels, some phone services and internet services are cut out nationwide.Please be aware of what is happening in Myanmar right now and support us. This is against the will of citizens. They are using weapons to shut us out.
We, people from Myanmar need urgent ATTENTION and ACTION from the people, governments around the WORLD.
Myanmar military is repeating the ugliest history of conducting a coup over unfounded, false claims of vote fraudulent...
Myanmar army has coup the Nation and announced to be in power for a year. We need to let the world to know that this is not our choice.
For International friends, please help us in anyway you can. Let the world know by sharing this message.#Myanmarcoup #myanmar_military_coup#save_myanmar#Myanmar
- Thank you..have a good time 😍
- Thanks for this information but I wonder how does her cell work? Does it mean that scientists freeze her cell in a lab and then take it out to study whenever they need or something else like this?
I am thankful if someone gives me a clear explanation.
- Her cells have been using without permissions from her family, and her family gained almost nothing from her cells. 😞
- What's the point of telling us that she was a descendant of slaves??
- Thanks for your channel. It is very useful for my English learning.
- Outstanding lecture 👍👍👍👍👍👍
- Thank you
- This case is really interesting, thanks a lot for each topic that you put every day.
- Really remarkable woman, with her cells a lot of deals are did. Especially insulin, help for women (which can't get pregnant).
That is really honorable for her.
We need respect such people, whose things are helpful for world.